When you start planning your new kitchen transformation, you should know it’s common to spend between 15-7% of your home’s value. If you own a $450,000 home, you can budget between $67.5K and $31.5K for your kitchen upgrade without compromising too much of its resale value.
Besides the new design you want and your favorite features, there are lots of things that weigh into a kitchen transformation project.
- Deciding what contractor to work with?
- Setting a budget (and sticking to it)
- Design and design investment
- Materials and functionality
- Paperwork and permits
- How much do things really cost?
- Should you DIY or not?